Birds cause damage to buildings and infrastructure and are an occupational health & safety risk.
Many industrial and commercial buildings (factories, office buildings, hotels, hospitals, etc.) suffer from infestations of pest birds. The birds are attracted to these areas due to the shelter and food sources they often provide. Bird problems are not only limited to substantial property damage, the presence of the birds also creates a variety of health and safety issues.
There are 30 known diseases that can be passed from birds to humans.
Effective Bird Management can help in preventing many of these human health issues.
Examples of air-borne and food-borne diseases include: Campylobacter, Chlamydia psittaci, Cryptococcus neoformans, Escherichia coli, Histoplasma spp, Listeria monocytogenes, Salmonella and Vibrio cholerae.
Bird control is an integrated pest management operation. A combination of strategies is almost always required including removal, proofing, and altering behavior.
Total Worx Bird Control are specialist in bird removal and eliminating the source of the problem (the birds), proofing buildings can be an effective exercise to achieve a bird-free environment.
- Structural bird proofing (netting, wires)
- Bird removal (culling)
- Bird baiting programs
- Bird relocation
- Fogging and repellants (hotfoot)
Bird Proofing (Netting)
Our Bird Netting System
- Can be used horizontally or vertically.
- Comes in various sizes.
- Can be made to size
- Is virtually invisible when installed correctly.
- Is fit for purpose.
- Is composed of the following items:
- Stainless wire
- Stainless hog rings
- Stainless brackets
- Stainless strainers
- The polyethylene net
- We install a tensioned wire perimeter for the net to be fixed to, then tension the net within the perimeter forming an impenetrable barrier.
Documented Bird Management Programmes For Food Warehouses and supermarkets.
- Pre-baiting programmes for long-term pest bird reduction.
- Bird anesthetizing (Alphachloralose/DRC1339) and humane disposal of pest birds by licensed operators.
- Removal of resident pest birds inside storage areas.
- Routine Service visits to reduce a bird problem.
- Site folders and documentation to meet food auditing requirements.
Call us today to get a quote to solve your bird issues.
If you have a food storage warehouse or supermarket, then the only effective method to eliminate a bird problem is a long-term bird control program and reducing the resident bird population on a site. Usually, sparrows and starlings are the predominant birds that affect food storage facilities and are the hardest to control.
Total Worx Pest Control has successfully controlled bird problems ranging from 500 sparrows in a warehouse to a single pigeon. Birds are quite often termed as flying rats, so it makes sense to have a regular bird management programme, At Total Worx Pest we manage birds like rodents and provide a regular service to make sure your site has low levels of bird activity.
Backed by over 35 years of local experience, our bird control specialists are experienced in dealing with pests birds and undertake regular training on the best technologies and most effective processes.
Need a professional solution to your bird problem? Call Total Worx Pest today on 0800 00 1945